Got a problem? The Actors Fund can likely help. Many of the services it provides online or through its offices in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles are completely free:
• health insurance counseling
• primary and specialty medical care and referrals through the new Friedman Health Center for the Performing Arts in Times Square
• guidance overcoming injuries through The Dancers' Resource
• career counseling and scholarships through Career Transition For Dancers
• financial education, plus assistance for artists in crisis
• affordable housing options, including residences operated by The Actors Fund
Read the rest of Dance Magazine's list of the most influential people in dance today.
After getting promoted, I threw myself into nonstop dance classes, cross-training and rehearsals during breaks. I thought it would help me get stronger, but now I'm exhausted and unable to enjoy dance. Where did I go wrong?
—Broken Spirit, San Francisco, CA