Nominate an Educator for a Dance Teacher Award!
Know any extraordinary dance educators? Nominate them for a Dance Teacher Award! Every year, our friends at Dance Teacher recognize excellence in teaching by honoring four educators for their contributions to the field.
The selection committee is looking for dance educators who:
- Have a unique or outsized impact on their students and/or community
- Strive to bring out the best in their students as dancers and people
- Have a thoughtful and forward-thinking approach to pedagogy
- Are dedicated to their own continued learning
- Have a body-positive teaching style
- Prioritize dancers’ mental and physical health and safety
- Are committed to anti-racism, equity and inclusion inside and outside the studio
Dance educators of all kinds are eligible to receive the Dance Teacher Award, including those working in private studios, K–12 schools, conservatories, higher education institutions and more. Nominations will be reviewed holistically based on their alignment with the above criteria. Nominations must be submitted by March 31.