These Dance Stars' End-of-Summer Vacation Photos are Giving Us Serious FOMO
We'll admit it: As excited as we are for fall performance season to start, we are in deep, deep denial that the end of summer is in sight. And we're also experiencing some serious FOMO looking at the vacation photos flooding our Instagram feeds from some of our favorite dancers and choreographers. So where in the world do they go to unwind before gifting us with yet another season of incredible dance?
Maria Kowroski showing her inner Anglophile
"Downton Abbey," anyone? New York City Ballet's senior ballerina visited Highclere Castle in Hampshire, England (and showcased her boss arabesque).
Christopher Wheeldon giving us Romeo & Juliet realness in Italy
Christopher Wheeldon and his husband have been on holiday around Italy and Greece, and this shot gives us all the feels.
Gillian Murphy (and Ethan Stiefel) hiking like proper ballet dancers
They're having way too much fun with this.
Sara Mearns serving up perfect beach vibes
Because after spending almost all of your time in the studio, who doesn't need a beach day? #beachgoals
Drew Jacoby exploring Iceland (and leaving us breathless)
The landscapes currently dominating Drew Jacoby's Instagram can almost rival her dance shots for breathtaking beauty.
Lydia Wellington hiking in Greece with some fellow NYCB gals
There's some serious girl power on this hike: NYCB's Lydia Wellington, Miriam Miller, Claire Von Enck and Laine Habony.
Isabella Boylston hanging out in sunny Barcelona
And she's rocking a pretty fabulous outfit, too!
Tiler Peck chilling—on a boat!
We're not sure where the NYCB star is headed, but it looks heavenly to us!
- Tiler Peck Says This Hulu Documentary Shows Her Most Exhausted ... ›
- Tiler Peck (@tilerpeck) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Isabella Boylston and James Whiteside Are #BestieGoals ›
- Becoming Isabella Boylston - Dance Magazine ›
- Isabella Boylston (@isabellaboylston) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Cupcakes & Conversation with Lydia Wellington, New York City Ballet ›
- Lydia Wellington ›
- Drew Jacoby - contemporary ballet dancer ›
- Drew Jacoby (@drewjacoby) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Sara Mearns ›
- Sara Mearns (@saramearns) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Christopher Wheeldon — People — Royal Opera House ›
- Maria Kowroski ›
- Gillian Murphy (@gillianemurphy) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- How to Get Dancers in Shape After a Vacation ›
- This Dance & Travel Show is Giving Us Major Wanderlust - Dance ... ›
- Are You Too Obsessed With Dance? - Dance Magazine ›
If everyone seems a bit obsessed with tidying up right now, blame the trendy Japanese organizing guru Marie Kondo. Her uber-popular book-turned-Netflix-show has so many people purging their closets that thrift stores can no longer keep up with the donations. The reason? Fans are falling in love with what Kondo calls "the life-changing magic of tidying up."
As a dancer with hemiplegia cerebral palsy, Jerron Herman has never been far from the physical therapy room—or an occupational therapist or some kind of medical interventionist. "I'm almost always in deep conversation with that kind of practitioner," says Herman, who performs with Heidi Latsky Dance.
It's part of keeping his body ready to dance—and to move throughout his daily life. Herman shared his routine with Dance Magazine.