Top 5 Reasons to Love Chocolate
With too many calories and too much sugar, chocolate isn’t typically a dancer’s go-to diet food. But if there’s any day of the year to indulge, today’s it. So here we give you the top 5 reasons for dancers to love chocolate:
1. Learning new choreography today? Both milk and dark chocolate increase blood flow to the brain, boosting your memory, attention span, reaction time, and problem-solving skills.
2. Cocoa’s flavanoids naturally reduce inflammation, speeding up your recovery from any injuries.
3. Drinking chocolate milk may help your muscles recover faster and has been shown to increase endurance.
4. Chocolate contains several minerals and vitamins, including B1, which your body needs to convert food into energy.
5. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine—the same chemical released in your brain when you fall in love.
Happy Valentines Day!