Free Streaming Friday: 5 Classes from CLI Studios to Benefit the AAPI Community
To honor the Asian American and Pacific Islander community, online dance platform CLI Studios is hosting a free, virtual event that will get you moving.
This Friday, April 16, starting at 2 pm Pacific, CLI Studios presents the livestream of “Movement Speaks,” five classes featuring prominent artists from the AAPI community.
Tune in via YouTube for the following lineup (all times Pacific):
- 2:15–2:35 pm: Jazz progressions with USC Kaufman alumni Justin Pham
- 2:45–3:15 pm: Intermediate low-fly with “So You Think You Can Dance” Season 14 winner, Lex Ishimoto, who will share a combination set to “Passport” by Masego
- 3:30–4 pm: “Manifest Your Goals” session with Mel Mah, filmmaker, yoga teacher and dancer
- 4:15–5 pm: Advanced hip hop with Kinjaz dance group co-creator Anthony Lee, who will teach choreography set to “2U” by David Guetta (feat. Justin Bieber)
- 5–5:30 pm: Cypher with the Kinjaz
In lieu of class fees, CLI Studios encourages participants to consider donating to the Asian American Arts Alliance, Asian Americans Advancing Justice, AAPI Women Lead, or the Asian Mental Health Collective.