5 Reasons to Stock Your Dance Bag with Raisins
If you have a long day ahead of you, packing snacks to get you through it is just half the battle of eating healthy. Here at DM, we’re making it easy for you. Just think back to elementary school snack time. Yes, we’re talking about raisins. Here are five reasons they’re a fantastic choice for helping you endure lengthy rehearsals or performances.
1. In a study in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, raisins were found to improve the performance of endurance athletes as much as sports chews did.
2. Raisins are a great source of natural sugars. Ditch the gummies. They’re packed with added sugars like fructose, sucrose and confectioner’s glaze.
3. Don’t just hydrate. Snack, too. The same study found that when compared to just drinking water throughout a run, participants who sipped water while also snacking on raisins performed even better.
4. They’re low in calories. A hearty handful of about 60 raisins is just 85 calories.
5. Fiber is usually excellent for dancers. But raisins, which have a low fiber content, are a smarter choice than other dried fruits like cherries because they’ll keep your stomach from surprising you mid-activity.