Vote Now to Send One of These Dance Companies to Jacob's Pillow
The Inside/Out: Chance to Dance Contest from Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival is in full force. Now through April 2, the power is in your hands, or more accurately, it lies in your YouTube viewing. Between now and Monday, head to the festival’s YouTube page to watch videos of the five Chance to Dance finalists. The company whose video earns the most thumbs-up votes gets far more than bragging rights: They’ll perform on the iconic Inside/Out outdoor stage at the Pillow this summer.
This year’s finalists include:
– A Palo Seco Flamenco Company from New York
– Contemporary troupe Daniel Costa Dance, hailing from Seattle
– The Dolo Project, a new tap collective from New York
– Massachusetts-based classical Indian troupe IndianRaga
– shawnbibledanceco., a contemporary company also from New York
And you don’t have to choose between flamenco, Indian, tap or contemporary—you can vote for as many finalists as you like. Who said watching YouTube couldn’t change the (dance) world?